Friday, October 30, 2009

Some Enjoyable times back in Minnesota

Though we've had some rough moments of missing life in Norway since we've returned to the U.S., we've also had many wonderful moments with family and friends. It has been special to be back for the longest period of time since we moved over 3 years ago. We are enjoying the times of conversation and quality time with our loved ones back here. Here are just a few highlights, with more to come!

I was able to go up and visit my younger sister, Danielle, in Duluth for a girls weekend since her husband was out of town. It was really nice to be back in my home for my college years and 2 years of doing student ministry afterward. I was reminded again how much I have missed it (and my sister!)

Another weekend, Brett and I were able to make it up to Duluth together and spend a great few days with dear friends and my sister and her husband, Grant. Our good friends, Dan and Sarah DeLaForest are now living next door to them, so we had a great time together. We also were able to have dinner at Chuck and Sally Haavik's with them and our friends and Chi Alpha ministry partners, Jay and Lindsey Sykes (and their new adopted son, Caleb, from Ethiopia!) for an early birthday dinner for me. Turning 28 seemed crazy to me, but it was so wonderful to celebrate with some of our dearest friends. There is just something special about Duluth and the relationships we have from our time there. We left after that trip being so encouraged and hungry to see God continue to move there and each of our lives. It is so evident that He has amazing plans for every person in that community. What a special group of people!




GO TWINS!!!
Yes, I know they didn't make it all the way, but they sure went farther than people thought. We were blessed to be able to be at the game against the Tigers that many are labeling an "instant classic". I (Cortney) have grown up being a Twins fan and been to quite a few games, but I have to say that this was the best game I've EVER been to! (My dad agrees and he's been to many more than I!). It was a ton of fun and a packed stadium of homer hanky wavers. Brett even lost his voice from yelling so much! (The video below shows why!) . We also went to the playoff game against the Yankees that ended up being the official last Twins game at the metrodome (I guess i don't have to tell you who we are rooting for in the World Series- Go Phillies!). Sad day! But hoping to make it to at least one game next summer in the new outdoor stadium! Gotta love MN baseball!





WEDDING!!

And who can forget the fun times had at Brett's sister, Brooke's, wedding in August? It was a great time had by all. What a beautiful bride and a Jeremy a great new addition to the family. It was great to also have Cortney's whole family there. We danced the night away! (Pictures taken by the wedding photographer)



1 comment:

Keldog said...

hehe loved the video w/ everyone crazily waving their Homer Hankies!!(said in a thick MN accent)